1. Participating club runners whether first or second claim should be fully paid members of the club and eligible to compete for that club.
2. The minimum age for participation in the league is 17. A runners' age will be determined by their age on the day of the first race.
3. All participating club runners must wear club colours. Anybody not wearing club colours will be excluded from the scoring team.
4. Runners have to retain their allocated number for all the events of the league.
5. A scoring team will consist of 8 male runners (including a minimum of 4 MV35+) and 4 female runners (including at least 2 FV35+). Each scoring member in the combined team competition will contribute a point score equal to their overall position within the race. In the Male and female team competitions each scoring member will contribute a point score equal to their position within their gender.
6. Second claim runners are permitted but only one male and female second claim runner is permitted in the scoring team. Second claim runners must be registered before the first race of the season. In the event of a team fielding more than one second claim runner within a category, only the first finisher will score for the team. Subsequent second claim runners will be removed from the scoring.
7. If a club is unable to field a full team, the missing competitors will score as the last position in the race plus 1. The concession will be operated at the discretion the league referee and a club will not be permitted to take advantage of the concession on a regular basis.
8. The club position for each event will be determined by the total points of the scoring team. League points will be awarded to each team according to their position within the fixture. Any team failing to compete in a fixture will receive no points.
9. The overall league position will be decided by taking the total of the league points for all the fixtures. In the event of a tie, the total number of scoring points will be used to determine the winner.
10. Overall individual positions will be calculated for those people competing in all or all bar one fixture. Those competing in all events will be able to discard their worst result. In the event of a tie, the results will be recomputed allocating points for only those involved in the tie. This process will be applied until no further resolution of the tie can be achieved.
11. Race permits have to be obtained by the hosting club prior to the race and the permit has to be accessible for viewing on the race day. In addition a referee familiar with AAA and XC rules has to be named prior to the race.
12. All participating clubs must be affiliated to UKA or ARC.
The league has seen the number of female participants steadily increase. This has meant that our scoring system needs to be updated to fairly apportion combined team scores and encourage increased participation of both male and female runners. The changes made for this season (2017/18) are as follows:
A ladies team will now require 4 runners of whom 2 must be Vets (FV35+) with a maximum of 1 second claim runner per team.
A mens team will now require 8 runners of whom 4 must be Vets (MV35+) with a maximum of 1 second claim runner per team.
The awards will also change with trophies for age categories only being awarded to the category winners. There will be an increase in the number of categories so that awards will be given out in 5 year increments from the age of 35.